I realize what everyone wants to know is this month’s theme, so I won’t dawdle.
The theme is . . . Trouble.
I will attempt to keep roughly the same submission schedule as last month. I like consistency.
Deadline for submission: Friday, August 16th (four weeks seems like plenty of time to write a post, doesn’t it?).
Voting Begins: Saturday, August 17th
Voting Ends: Thursday, August 22nd
Fanfare for the Winner: Saturday, August 24th (vote tallying involves math, and it takes me a while to do math).
The rules are pretty much the same. Because I like consistency.
1. The monthly Wine Writing Challenge is a work in progress. Any (or all) of the “rules” below can be amended or even changed. As long as you are the King/Queen of the Wine Writing Challenge.
2. Write a post/article/essay based on the month’s theme. It is up to you to determine how to interpret the theme, but there needs to be some connection to wine.
3. The post should be between 500-1000 words. More than that, and someone is liable to TLDNR you — Too Long. Did Not Read.
4. The post has to include a connection to wine. This is a wine writing challenge, after all.
5. Post your article/essay on your own blog. Link back to this post, send me a link to your post, or include it as a comment here. Or cover all your bases and do all three. I will include a link to all the posts when I send out the voting announcement.
6. Pass it on! I’m sure we all have overlapping followers . . . but we have unique ones, too. Use the social media magic wand and spread the word far and wide!
7. Once voting begins, you can vote for your three favorite posts, but you can’t vote for yourself . . . or the host. The winner will get to be King/Queen of next month’s challenge.
Good luck and have fun!
P.S. I think we ought to have some sort of snazzy logo or badge for this challenge. Any of you creative types out there good with graphic design?