Oxbow Public Market : A Napa Valley Wine Lover's Wonderland
You have to admit it to yourself at some point during your wine tasting marathon, that your palate is numb and those Benjamin-dollar sips of wine are starting to taste like two buck Chucks. This is when it’s time to throw in the towel and put a cork in it. Take your tired tastebuds to Oxbow Market in the Oxbow District of Downtown Napa. There, you’ll find a fantasyland of fine restaurants, groceries, spirits, and even a little retail therapy (yes, you do need another souvenir wine opener).
What Is Oxbow Market?
Oxbow Market is a place where fine food, wine, and spirits come together in a large food hall-style space (a whopping 40,000 square feet) where various merchants are offering their delectable delights. Each purveyor acts as its own separate business with its own staff, personalized hours of operation, and perks like online ordering, at-home delivery, and daily specials. Their collective goal is to practice sustainable agriculture and local harvest. There are so many different things to try and buy at Oxbow Market including artisan coffee, cold-pressed olive oils, exotic spices, and fresh baked goods.
What Type of Restaurants Are Inside Oxbow Market?
There’s a food for every type of appetite at Oxbow Market. Enjoy it inside at the bar or on the beautiful outdoor patio complete with umbrellas and a relaxing pond view.
- Bar Lucia – seasonal dishes, paninis, and salads. Homemade rosé and sparkling wines.
- Eiko’s At Oxbow – a full-service seafood marketplace. Seafood by the pound, a Japanese deli, and a sushi bar.
- El Porteno Empanadas – that’s it, just delicious, freshly made, flaky-crusted empanadas.
- C Casa – chili-rubbed meats, house-made white corn tortillas, and freshly made sauces. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Fatted Calf – a charcuterie and butcher shop serving fresh cuts for their daily lunch menu.
- Gott’s Roadside – juicy cheeseburgers, hot dogs, onion rings, and hand-spun shakes.
- Hog Island Oyster Bar – fresh oysters, shellfish, seafood dishes.
- Live Fire Pizza – wood-fired style pizza, Italian sandwiches, salads.
- Loveski Deli – sourdough bagels, house-made pickles, handcrafted deli sandwiches.
- Milestone Provisions – a butchery with daily roasts of meats turned into delicious platters, sandwiches, and salads
Thirsty? Oxbow Market Has You Covered.
Looking for something to drink other than wine? Oxbow Market has an enticing selection of craft beers, spirits, and coffee.
Don't Forget Dessert
Save room for the final course. Oxbow Market makes it easy to go on your very own food crawl across the different merchants, tackling every course of your meal. You could also grab a gourmet cupcake for breakfast (no judgment).
- Anette’s Chocolates – handcrafted artisan chocolates, brittles, sauces, and caramels.
- Kara’s Cupcakes – small-batch gourmet cupcakes using the finest ingredients.
- The Model Bakery – English muffins featured on Food Network and Oprah’s Favorite Things.
- Ritual Coffee Roasters – freshly roasted beans, espresso drinks, pastries, and brewed coffee.
Napa Valley Souvenirs
In case your suitcase isn’t packed full with bottles of wine quite yet, you’ll find treasures to take home at Oxbow Market from their various vendors offering something more lasting than just food and drink. Bring a little Napa into your home and kitchen with merchants who specialize in satisfying your want of the finer things.
And Yes, It’s A Grocer Too
At Oxbow Market, you can literally find a market inside in the form of Hudson Greens & Goods. This grocer has a wide selection of locally sourced, organic fruits and vegetables. You’ll also find dry goods and household items too (perfect for when vacationing in a rental home). Pick up a bouquet of flowers from the Monkey Flower Group and rise and shine with freshly made juice from their juice bar which also offers homemade bone broth and prepackaged salads and lunch items.
Oxbow Market is a destination for every wine country traveler. It’s the perfect place to unwind after a day of wine tasting or even prepare yourself for those big sips of bold Cabs ahead. Make sure to add it to your itinerary, as it is a unique experience you can’t find just anywhere.
Directions, Hours & Contact
Author: Tiffany Carter
Tiffany is a contributing writer to Armchair Sommelier. When she isn’t writing about wine, the California native is touring local wineries (Hello Napa and Paso!) and filling her glass across the globe (Ciao, Tuscany!). She loves a full-bodied cab, but she plays favorites when it comes to a spicy Zinfandel or juicy Malbec. Her fridge is stocked with a bottle of sparkling rosé for emergencies. Hint: there’s always an emergency. You can follow Tiffany @winetastetravel.
Taste Wine Like A True Armchair Sommelier
Spice up your next party with our FREE wine tasting guide! Learn what to look, smell, and taste for while appreciating your favorite bottle. We’ve also included a printable tasting notes template and a tasting wheel.